Chromebook Quick Facts
- Chromebooks seamlessly integrate with the G Suite platform (formally known as Google Apps for Education). This suite of productivity and collaboration tools includes Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Drawings, Forms, etc.
- Send mail, edit photos, create documents — do all of these activities in the browser, thanks to thousands of apps on the web. There’s no complicated software to install.
- Everything -- your apps, documents, settings -- are all stored safely in the Cloud and not on the device. Student work can be accessed from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
- All students will be issued a WCSD Chromebook. There is no option this year for bringing your own device.
- Chromebooks will be collected at the end of the school year or when students withdraw. Upon return of the Chromebooks, students are expected to pay for all damages or losses.
- There are no school issued cases for the devices this year. We suggest purchasing a protective case or sleeve for the Chromebook.
- Parents/guardians can purchase a usage and protection plan which allows students to take home the Chromebook and reduces the cost of any repairs.
Optional Protection Plan
- The Student Optional Protection Plan (OPP) cost this year is $20.00.
- Students/guardians are encouraged to pay through www.mypaymentsplus.com.
- Once the payment has been made, please print the receipt and bring it to your advisor.
- If the OPP is not paid, students cannot take home a Chromebook. They will be able to borrow one from the Media Center during the school day.
- Students who do NOT pay for the protection plan will be responsible for the FULL COST of the Chromebook repair or replacement.
- Severity of damage and necessity of repair are ultimately determined by the media specialists.